by Abdul-Hakim Shabazz, Esq.
As we celebrate Thanksgiving this week, I figured it probably wouldn’t hurt to remind people about a few “rights” they should be thankful for…
- You have the right to say whatever you want, but others have the right to call you an idiot.
- You have the right to pray and worship however you want, but you can’t get mad when others ask for equal time.
- You have the right to make as much money as you want, as long as you are willing to put in the work and effort.
- You have the right to own as much as stuff as you want, but when you die it will all still be here.
- You have the right to live in a country where anyone can run for the highest office in the land, and we’re seeing that right now.
- You have the right to complain all day about the political climate and then complain more when others actually go do something about it.
- You have the right to get upset over “media bias” and then seek out news and information sources that confirm your world point of view.
- You have the right to remember a time when people/society didn’t (fill-in-the-blank), and then you can remember how things really were.
- You have the right to complain about “those people”, but remember to them, you’re “those people” too.
- You have the right to enjoy my commentary on all my media platforms.
Happy Turkey Day!