With so many moving parts regarding the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA), we at Indy Politics figured it would just be easier to provide you a daily summary of what’s going on. So here we go.
- The Indianapolis Star has a front page editorial calling on lawmakers to “Fix This Now”.
- Governor Mike Pence, in a Wall Street Journal op-ed, says RFRA is about religious freedom and not discrimination. (Note, it’s behind a pay wall).
- RTV 6 reports on the Indy City-County Council passing an anti-RFRA resolution.
- WIBC-FM talks with Hendricks County GOP Chairman Mike O’Brien about whether Republicans can weather the RFRA storm.
- The Statehouse File has more on the requests to repeal RFRA.
- POLITICO chimes in as well.
- There is also some “behind the scenes” perspective in today’s Cheat Sheet. Here’s the link to a complimentary one from this weekend because we’re in a good mood this morning.