Participants in our latest informal survey give Governor Eric Holcomb high marks and think someone other than Congressmen Todd Rokita and Luke Messer would be a stronger challenger against Joe Donnelly in next year’s U.S. Senate race.
More than 450 readers responded to the Indy Politics Political Pulse (made possible in part with underwriting from Winner’s Circle, the Institute for Quality Education and Indianapolis Public Schools)
Here are some of the highlights…
- 60% rated Governor Eric Holcomb’s performance as excellent or good.
- 60% support shifting the sales tax on gasoline from the general revenue fund to pay for roads.
- 80% support cold beer sales at gas stations and convenience stores.
- 64% support expanding early childhood education, but half of them say it should only be for families in need.
- 40% say someone else other than Todd Rokita or Luke Messer would be a tougher opponent for Joe Donnelly next year.
- 55% think marijuana should be legalized.
You can view all the results, as well as comments left by the participants by clicking here.