As Indiana lawmakers get ready to pass a $31 billion spending plan, Indy Politics speaks with House Speaker Brian Bosma and State Senator Luke Kenley to get the details of the proposal. You can hear their comments in the Leon-Tailored audio above. Sen. Kenley’s comments run about 15 minutes, while the Speaker’s goes about 7 minutes.
A copy of the budget can be found here.
In addition to the interviews, here’s what our colleagues have written about…
- Poor districts still losing aid as state budget nears completion. (Chalkbeat Indiana)
- State budget deal includes modest hike in school spending. (Indianapolis Star)
- Budget deal gives schools nearly 5% increase, charters get a modest hike. (WIBC-FM)
- Budget bans state archives building on Central Canal (The Statehouse File)
- Pence, lawmakers bickered over budget. (Jim Shella, WISH-TV)
A vote on the budget will be held Wednesday.