Marion County officials say as of June 7, masks will no longer be required for those who have received the COVID-19 vaccination shot.
At a news conference Wednesday morning, Mayor Joe Hogsett said he and the Marion County Department of Public Health are planning to ask the City-County Council to lift the mandate for residents who are fully vaccinated.
In addition, the city is expanding capacity limits for public gatherings…
- Religious services – 100% capacity
- Indoor sporting – 50% capacity
- Large gatherings go from 50 to 500 people
- Indoor services, bars, etc. – 75% capacity
- Personal services no longer by appt. only
- Entertainment venues – 75% capacity
Bars can also go back to their original pre-COVID operating hours.
About 31 % of the county’s population has been fully vaccinated.